by Alissa Jeffery February 02, 2020
A delicious pork or beef recipe, suitable for the whole family, this Asian inspired meal is similar to San Choy Bau and perfect for Baby Led Weaning or served as a finger food as it can be held and eaten with their hands. If you prefer, you can also serve to baby with a spoon. Packed with veggies and rich in aroma and flavours, your whole family will enjoy this meal.
Asian inspired Pork in Lettuce cups Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g pork mince, ¼ onion, ½ garlic clove, ½ carrot, ½ tsp fresh ginger, ½ cup shredded cabbage, ½ cup shredded kale, ½ teaspoon peanut butter, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, iceberg lettuce
- While preparing, place the pork mince in a bowl with soy sauce.
- Peel and slice onion, carrot, beans into 1cm cubes.
- Peel and grate garlic and ginger.
- Place all ingredients, including the sauce soaked pork, in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- While cooking, carefully peel the iceberg lettuce leaf, trying to keep it in tact as much as possible. Trim into a 'bowl' shape.
- When cooked, place into the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Pulse to mix to desired consistency.
- Spoon the pork and veggies into the lettuce cups for serving.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Switch out the pork mince for beef or chicken mince if you prefer.