Serve pureed or chunky in a bowl, this healthy burrito bowl recipe is delicious for little ones and can be served to the rest of the family too, in tacos, burritos or even on corn chips for nachos. Serve with guacamole or avocado chunks and some cheese and everyone will be happy!
Baby Beef Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g beef, 1/4 onion, 1/2 garlic, 100g red kidney beans, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 cob of corn (or a small tin of corn), 5 cherry tomatoes, 100ml tomato pasata, a quarter teaspoon of cumin, paprika and ground coriander seeds.
- Peel and chop the onion and the carrot into small pieces.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Peel and crush the garlic
- Chop beef into 1cm cubes (or use minced beef).
- Place the beef, vegetables and spices in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Blend adding the tomato pasata to reach desired consistency. For older children/adults, leave chunky and stir through the pasata.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve with avocado and burrito breads for a delicious, healthy family meal.