These Blueberry Pancakes are perfect for babies and infants who are learning to self feed. Blueberries are just coming into season now and are the ultimate superfood and research shows that just a handful of blueberries each day delivers a huge range of health benefits that will make you feel great inside. Blueberries have five times the antioxidant content of spinach - another amazing superfood. Antioxidants help protect our bodies from a range of diseases and illnesses. Apart from being good for you, they also make a great entertaining food so make the mixture a day or two ahead of time and refrigerate. Then simply lightly pan fry when ready to serve.
Blueberry Pancake Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Makes: approx. 12 mini pikelets (mini pancakes)
- Ingredients: 1 egg, 1 cup self raising flour, 3/4 cup milk, 1 punnet of blueberries (about 150g), 25g melted butter
- Combine all ingredients and half the berries into the Babycook® mixing bowl. Blend until mixed. Stir through the other half of the berries with the spatula.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt a small amount of butter or cover pan with spray cooking oil
- Pour small pancakes of about 10cm in size
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Many children will enjoy eating the pancakes fresh without any sauces. If you would like to serve with a healthy topping, try greek yoghurt or a little maple syrup. For older children and adults, ice-cream is always a favourite!