Is your little one sick of cereal for breakfast? Or do you want a quick and easy breakfast for a stress-free morning? These naturally unsweetened breakfast muffins make a delicious and healthy breakfast on the go, or even a healthy morning or afternoon snack.
Breakfast Muffin Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes (15 minutes for the apple and another 15-18 minutes for the mini muffins to cook)
- Makes: 18 small muffins
- Ingredients: 1 apple, 5 dates, 1 cup of oats, 3 tbs yoghurt, 1 egg, 1 tsp of baking powder, sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and put the kettle on.
- Peel the apple and chop into small pieces and place into the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 2 and press steam.
- While the apple is steaming, place dates in a small bowl with 1/4 cup of boiling water to soften.
- When the Babycook® has finished, put the apple into the mixing bowl with softened dates and the water the dates were soaking in and mix into a puree.
- Place all other ingredients into the Babycook® mixing bowl and mix in 10 second pulses until a thick mixture has formed.
- Pour into a greased mini muffin tray or use a larger multiportions tray.
- Cook in oven for approximately 15-18 minutes for mini muffins (or 20-25 minutes for larger muffins).
Et voila, bon appétit!
Top each muffin with a berry for added flavour and toddler appeal! These freeze and defrost well, so store what you don't eat in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat.