This broccoli, chicken and rice dish gives a whole new meaning to quick and easy cooking! There is little preparation required and baby is sure to love it! The bright green florets of broccoli are highly nutritious and a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin C - and the best way to preserve all of its natural goodness is by steaming! Combine broccoli with a family favourite in chicken, and you've got a match made in heaven.
Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g Broccoli, 100g chicken breast, ¼ cup cooked rice.
- Wash and trim the broccoli stalks then cut into small florets.
- Take skin off the chicken breast and chop into 1cm cubes
- Place chicken and broccoli in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Mix, adding the cooked rice.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If serving to toddlers, children or adults, there is no need to blend. Simply serve on a bed of rice. Garnish with parsley.