This one makes a delicious side dish for the whole family. For toddlers or those doing Baby Led Weaning, this recipe will be perfect for your little ones as is, or simply pop it in the mixing jug and puree for babies too. Serve with other steamed veggies (like our beans pictured) and a yummy protein like our delicious Beef Croquettes or Tuna Patties.
Cheesy Cauliflower Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, 30g cheese White Sauce ingredients: 3 tablespoons flour, 2 cups milk, 40g butter
- Cut off the green leaves from the outside of the cauliflower and discard.
- Cut individual florets from the central stem of the cauliflower. Any large florets should be further trimmed down to ensure they are a fairly consistent size and will evenly cook. (If you are going to puree, you may wish to save time and cut into rough 1-2cm cubes.)
- Put the cauliflower in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank to level 3.
- Start the cooking process.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Whisk together the white sauce ingredients into the butter and stir until the sauce is smooth and thickens.
- Once your Babycook® has finished cooking, serve the cauliflower with the white sauce and a little cheese on top!
- Et voila, bon appétit!
Season with a little salt if your child is older than one year or serving to your family for added flavour! If serving to a baby, simply mix the ingredients in the Babycook® mixing bowl until you have reached your desired consistency.