Does your little one eat enough fish? Omega 3 fats, found in fish, are essential for healthy eyes and brain development in your little one. Salmon is also an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12). Pair the salmon with veggies and a cheesy sauce and you'll be wanting to pinch some for yourself! If your little one is moving beyond purees, serve this with some pasta shells, Mac and Cheese style.
Creamy Salmon and Veggie Puree Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ingredients: 1 potato, 1 cup of baby spinach, 100g salmon, 2 laughing cow cheese wedges
- Peel and chop the potato into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- If using salmon fillets, cut into cubes no larger than 1cm. If using filleted smoked salmon, roughly cut into pieces.
- Put the salmon, potato and spinach in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3).
- Start the cooking process.
- When the vegetables are cooked, put it in the blending bowl, disposing with the cooking liquid.
- Add the laughing cow cheese wedges and blend to bring to the desired consistency. You may wish to use some of baby's usual milk if it is still too thick.
- Serve into a BabySqueez® or SqueezPortion® (pictured) for serving.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Cook up some pasta and serve like a healthy Mac and cheese dish for your little one. If serving to toddlers or older, you may wish to add a little butter to the puree to increase flavour and the creamy consistency.