A creamy (Dairy free) veggie puree will be perfect for your little one on these cold winter nights. While it packs a punch in terms of its' nutritional content, this puree is fairly flavour neutral, and therefore well tolerated by immature tastebuds!
Creamy Winter Veggie Purée
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 1 celery stalk, 1 medium potato, ½ carrot, ½ cup cauliflower, 1/4 onion, ½ clove of garlic
- Chop the potato and carrot into half centimetre cubes.
- Cut the onion and celery stalk in half and then into pieces, and chop the cauliflower into 1cm cubes.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Place all ingredients in the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, set aside the cooking liquid and place all of the ingredients in the blending bowl. Blend adding the cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!
As your baby grows and is ready for finger foods, stir this puree through some pasta or rice for added texture and more carbohydrates to ensure they still full for longer.