These delicious and healthy muffins will be a hit with all members of the family! Inspired by the Cadbury chocolate bar, the Cherry Ripe, but made with real cherries and no added sugar, they are light, fluffy, and made with minimal effort. These will become a family favourite in no time. With no processed or refined sugars, they are a guilt free snack that satisfies those chocolate cravings!
Healthy Cherry Ripe Muffin Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 6 muffins in a multiportion tray, or 12 mini muffins
- Ingredients: 1 cup of fresh or frozen pitted cherries, 1 cup self raising flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbs cocoa, 2 tbs rice malt syrup, about 5 additional cherries roughly chopped, 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Place the cup of frozen cherries in the Babycook® mixing bowl and roughly chop. (Leave 4 or 5 additional cherries to put on top as chunks)
- Place all remaining ingredients in the Babycook® mixing bowl, and mix in 10 second bursts until all a smooth liquid.
- Pour into 6 muffins using the multiportion tray (or a 12 hole mini muffin tray sprayed with coconut oil.)
- Place remaining pieces of cherry into each muffin for some chunks, and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Et voila, bon appétit!
These freeze and defrost very well, so store what you don't eat in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat. If you don't have rice malt syrup, you can easily replace this with honey instead, although ensure your child is over 12 months of age before feeding them honey for the first time. You can also replace the white SR Flour for wholemeal SR flour to make them even healthier (although a little denser.)