As your little one gets a little older and you need to start taking snacks or a packed lunch with you on outings, it can be difficult to think of ideas of what to pack! Whether it’s just a few snacks needed for a morning at the park, or a full lunch for a day at the zoo, we have you covered!
Some great snack options are fruit and veggies as they travel well and are usually well liked by little ones! Try our stackable snack and formula container which can fit three different snacks (or two snacks and some formula) in the one container but which can still be served one at a time if you prefer!
Some of our favourite snacks include:
- Mixed berries (cut in half/quarters depending on the size)
- Grapes (always cut grapes lengthwise in half or quarters or they are a choking hazard)
- Cucumber sticks
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Steamed cut veggies (or fresh for older toddlers) like carrot sticks, beans or peas
- Cheese cubes
- Yoghurt in the BabySqueez
- Fruit bars
- Homemade Hummus or Beetroot dip with flatbread or veggie sticks
When packing a lunch for little ones, the best approach is often to pack a range of snacks and one or two more filling options. This way if your little one is fussy or drops their food when you’re out, you still have plenty of options to ensure they don’t go hungry! Our set of 6 clip portions are perfect for travelling with a range of snacks and lunches and can be used to reheat food in the microwave or Babycook too!
Try choosing three snacks from the list above, and adding one or two from the list below to add to a meal:
- Peanut Butter or Cheese Sandwich
- Flat bread sandwich wrap cut into rounds
- Pea Pancakes
- Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
- Fishcakes or Tuna Patties
- Pea Pesto Pasta (if they will eat it cold!)
- Beef croquettes