Being high in vitamin C and antioxidants, mandarins make a great early finger food for your little one, just ensure the pips have been removed and cut each segment into small pieces. If you are unsure about serving fingers foods, or want to introduce mandarin with some other fruits that you know your baby enjoys, this purée is perfect for you. This also makes a delicious sauce for your Steamed Banana Pudding.
Mandarin, Apple and Strawberry Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ingredients: 1 mandarin, 1 apple, 2-3 strawberries
- Peel, core and chop the apple into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- Peel the mandarin and seperate into segments, keeping the mandarin peel.
- Chop the top off the strawberries and then into quarters.
- Put the ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook® including the mandarin peel.
- Pour water into the tank to level 2.
- Start the cooking process.
- When it is cooked, remove the mandarin peel.
- Pour the rest of the fruit into the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid and blend to bring to the desired consistency. (Don't throw away any left-over cooking liquid - it is absolutely delicious for you, once cooled as a drink!)
- Et voila, bon appétit!