Why peach? Maybe it's its juiciness, or maybe its subtly sweet and fresh taste. Either way, babies LOVE peach!
THE summer fruit, peach can either be white or yellow. White peaches come a little earlier in the season and they're also richer in antioxidants, which "clean" the waste resulting from our cells' activity. From the youngest age, our body needs these cleansers which we find mostly in fruits and vegetables, rich in polyphenols and vitamins. In the peach, these are found mostly in the skin, or just under it, so it's a pity it has to be peeled in order to be cooked into a compote, but as soon as your child will be old enough to eat a raw peach with its skin on, you should definitely encourage this!
Peach compote recipe
- Suitable for: 4-6 month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Eating time: 20 min
- Ingredients: 120g of peaches
- Gently rinse the peaches in water.
- Peel the peaches slowly, removing the skin, but as little of the fruit itself as possible. The ripper the peaches, the easier this is.
- Remove the stone and cut the fruits in 1cm cubes.
- Place the fruit pieces in the Babycook® cooking basket, pour water in the water tank to level 3 and start steaming.
- Remove the water from the Babycook® bowl and keep it in a separate container.
- Tip the cooked fruits into the mixing bowl and start blending. Slowly add some of the cooking water put aside until the compote reaches the desired thickness.
Et voila, bon appétit!