Potato mash is a versatile dish that can be eaten on its own when initially introducing baby to solids, but also with a variety of vegetables and other dishes. Potatoes are high in vitamin A, C and potassium, and are an energy packed carbohydrate for your baby. Add in some baby milk or water and you will have a creamy, smooth, delicious potato mash!
Potato Mash Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 20 min
- Ingredients: 1½ cups potato cut into 1cm cubes, 40 ml of baby's usual milk (EBM or formula)
- Put the potato in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3).
- Start the cooking process.
- When the potato is cooked, put it in the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add baby's milk (or cooking liquid reserved from steaming) and blend to bring the potato to the desired consistency.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Make a whole batch and freeze in multiportions. Then you will have it on hand to serve with many other dishes. Once other sources of dairy have been introduced, this can be made with added cheese or cow's milk.