As the weather begins to cool, soups often become a go-to for a quick, warming meal. This pumpkin soup can be enjoyed by the whole family - from the baby to the adults! If you are wanting to make a single serve of soup in the Babycook, prepare the veggies and store in air tight containers. Simply put it in the babycook, fill with water and press steam just before you want to eat and have it fresh and ready to go. Wanting more Babycook soup recipes? Try our Potato, Leek and Cauliflower soup.
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 1½ cups of pumpkin, ½ small potato, 1 celery stalk, ½ carrot, 1 small baby onion and 1 small garlic clove.
- Peel the pumpkin, carrot and potato and chop into centimetre cubes.
- Cut the celery stalk in half and then into pieces.
- Dice the onion and peel and crush the garlic clove.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Place all ingredients in the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl with the the cooking liquid. Blend adding additional hot water until desired consistency is reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If serving to children older than one or adults, add a pinch of salt for extra flavour and try adding a pinch of nutmeg and cumin.