Shepherd's Pie is the popular old fashioned, go - to meal in our house. It's the perfect marriage between two favourites - pie and mashed potato! Quick and easy to make, the whole family enjoy this one for lunch or dinner and the left overs reheat well the next day too. We make ours using organic, free-range beef and vegetables to ensure baby's food is free of chemicals and preservatives.
Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g beef mince, 1 small carrot, 1 celery stick, ½ onion, 50g beans, ½ cup of peas, 100g mashed potato
- Peel and slice onion, carrot, celery and beans into 1cm cubes.
- Place all ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Fill the Babycook® with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- Take 100g potato mash and set aside.
- When cooked, place cooked beef and veggies into the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Gently mix into small chunks.
- Serve into a small dish with mashed potato on top.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Freeze the leftovers in multi-portions tray and save for future meals!