In this recipe, cauliflower and broccoli stems are combined with peas and carrots for a quick, simple and nutritious puree. Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, while cauliflower is packed with nutrients and antioxidants while providing relief from indigestion. Cauliflower also aid to increase iron absorption which is really important for young babies and are also a great source of protein. Other great Babycook veggie puree recipes include our Sweet Potato Puree and this Veggie Medley Puree.
Simple Veggie Puree Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1/4 cup of cauliflower, 1/4 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup of peas and 1/2 a carrot
- Peel the carrot and chop the veggies into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- Put the veggies in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3).
- Start the cooking process.
- When the vegetables are cooked, put it in the blending bowl, retaining the cooking liquid.
- Blend adding small amounts of cooking liquid at a time, until desired consistency has been reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!Chef’s tipInstead of using the flowers of the cauliflower and broccoli, use the stem of the vegetables which create a smoother texture with less 'bits'.