The introduction of solid foods is an exciting time in your baby's development. Spinach is a great choice for one of the first foods for your little one - it is high in iron, zinc, folate, fibre and vitamins A & K. Iron in particular is a very important mineral for your baby's brain development and needs to be supplied through food from around 6 months of age when the stores they are born with start to decline. To make the spinach creamier, try combining it with Sweet Potato Puree or for more sweetness, combine with Apple puree.
Spinach Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 1 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ingredients: 2 cups of spinach
- Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves (if using fresh) and place into the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank (level 2) and start the cooking process.
- When the spinach is cooked, put it in the blending bowl, retaining the cooking liquid.
- Blend adding small amounts of cooking liquid at a time, until desired consistency has been reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!Chef’s tipOnce introduced and tolerated by your baby, mix the spinach with another puree that has already been introduced such as sweet potato.