How do you get your little one to eat more veggies? Hide them in their favourites of course! In this strawberry and kale smoothie recipe, the kale cannot be tasted and has the appearance of glitter in a healthy strawberry milkshake! Why kale? Kale is very high in Vitamin K and iron (much needed for growing babies/children) and is packed with fibre which will help your little one's digestion, especially if they have trouble doing number twos. This delicious smoothie recipe is great for the whole family. It will be one of mumma's favourites!
Strawberry and Kale Smoothie
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Ingredients: 4 strawberries, 1 stalk kale, 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt, 100ml of coconut water, optional: handful of mint
- Wash the strawberries and kale
- Chop into rough chunks. Remove the stalk of the kale (especially if your little one doesn't like too much texture).
- Place all ingredients in the blending bowl of the Babycook®. Add some mint if you like a little bit more flavour.
- Mix in 10 second increments until all chunks are gone and the kale is like 'glitter'.
Et voila, bon appétit!
This one is great for adults too! You may wish to add some protein powder if it is replacing a meal to keep you and the little one feeling full. In summer, freeze these for in a multiportions tray with an ice-cream stick and have a delicious healthy, 'ice-cream'.