Sweet Potato is often one of baby's first foods due to its sweet and palatable flavour. They are high in fibre, Vitamin A and C, potassium, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6 and magnesium. Another one of baby's first foods is often rice porridge with pear puree and potato puree.
Sweet Potato Puree Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 sweet potato
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- Put the sweet potato in the steamer basket of the Babycook®.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3).
- Start the cooking process.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, put it in the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid reserved from the steaming process and blend to bring to the desired consistency. You may wish to use some of baby's usual milk instead of the cooking liquid if you prefer.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Make a whole batch and freeze in multiportions. Then you will have it on hand to serve when baby is ready. You may even wish to even mix this with other vegetable purees as they are introduced.