This berry compote is perfect for babies but also doubles as a delicious treat for the rest of the family to enjoy. Berries are loaded with fibre for baby, but are also packed with antioxidants and nutrients including Vitamin C, Vitamin K and folate. Try making this compote for baby to serve with natural yoghurt, or mix it into ice cream for yourself!
Yoghurt with Berry Compote
- Suitable from: 7+ months old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: ¼ cup blueberries, ¼ cup blackberries, ¼ cup raspberries, ¼ cup strawberries, ¼ cup of natural unsweetened yoghurt
- Gently rinse the berries in water.
- Pour water into the tank to level 2 of the Babycook®
- Begin cooking.
- Once the berries are cooked, put them in the blending bowl and set aside the cooking liquid.
- Blend adding some of the cooking liquid to bring to the desired consistency.
- Serve with natural, unsweetened yoghurt.
- Freeze the remainder in a multi-portion for future use.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve the berry compote with pancakes and ice cream for the rest of the family to enjoy.