Kick regular hummus up a notch with this recipe! Great for snacking or as a meal for baby, Chickpeas are a good source of protein while sweet potatoes contain fibre and many other nutrients - all while being naturally sweet!
- 1 cup sweet potato cubed
- 1 8 ounce can chickpeas drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon agave (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Put the sweet potatoes in the steamer basket.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3).
- Start the cooking process.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, put them in the blending bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until the consistency is smooth.
Create this recipe as an adult or older child appetizer/snack by adding some pita chips!
For the adults, you may substitute the agave for some honey.
NOTE Please do not feed infants of children under the age of 12 months honey.